Choctaw County is filled with attractions and activities that can keep you and your family entertained. There’s plenty for everyone to enjoy! We’ve put together some helpful link for planning your visit.
- Things to See & Do
- Choctaw County Historical Museum
- Bladon Springs State Park
- Choctaw National Wildlife Refuge
- Coffeeville Lake Service Park
- Zack Rogers Park
- National Register of Historic Places
- Broadhead Memorial Park – The Town of Needham is home to a park that offers shady picnic areas in a wooded area on the banks of a beautiful creek. The park was built around the old Walter Wilson Grist Mill, which was the center of life in Needham for decades during the early twentieth century for the people of Choctaw County. The park has a hard-surfaced and wheelchair accessible nature trail that winds through a mixed hardwood forest along the small creek that once powered the gristmill. The park also has an old dogtrot log cabin which has been carefully restored, complete with furnishings appropriate to the period. The gristmill and log cabin have interpretive displays that tell their stories. The park is located along the creek on both sides of the main road at downtown Needham.
- Haguewood Park -Located at 282 Pinegrove Road in Pennington, Haguewood Park features a baseball field, tennis court, kids’ playground, and a paved walking trail.